Yesterday Bush published on his campaign website “Jeb Bush: My Plan to Preserve, Protect and Reform Medicare and Social Security“. Here are several excerpts:
- …changes are needed to preserve and protect these programs for future generations.
- I will allow seniors to keep their HSAs to help cover out-of-pocket health care spending…
- …small businesses who cannot afford to contribute toward workers’ retirement plans can set up “starter 401(K)s” for their workers…
- …we need to recognize that Americans are living longer, healthier lives, and we should make it easier for those who choose to work longer.
- No senior who has worked for more than 30 years should live in poverty, so I will increase the minimum social security benefit.
The entire “Plan” is available at the above link.
Also, “Jeb Bush’s entitlement reforms,” by The Washington Post is available here.